Claremont (or Claremont Mesa) is a community in San Diego, California, United States. It has a population of about 81,600 and an area of about 13.3 square miles (3 km2). Claremont Mesa is bordered by Interstate 805 to the east, Interstate 5 to the west, State Route 52 to the north, and the Linda Vista community to the south. The community of Claremont Mesa can be divided into North Claremont, Claremont Mesa East, Claremont Mesa West, Bay Park, and Bay Ho neighborhoods.
Before European immigration, the area was inhabited by the Kumeyaay tribe. The Spaniards arrived in 15 2 and, in 1769, founded the nearby Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcala. Judge Hyde was one of Claremont’s early settlers and began farming in Tecolote Canyon in 1872. Agriculture and livestock farming continued in this area until World War II. In 1887, the Morena parcel was charted. The 90-hectare lot was bounded by what is now known as Morena Boulevard, with Milton Street on the west, Ilion Street on the east, and an east-west line of approximately 1,000 feet (300 m) on the north. North of Gessnerstrasse.
- Tecolote Canyon Natural Park – Tecolote Canyon ran through the community of Claremont Mesa and was designated Tecolote Canyon Natural Park in 1977 by the City of San Diego. The park is about 365 hectares and about 10 km long. There are multiple entrances to parking throughout the community. Some entries have public parking and restroom facilities.
- Marian Bear Memorial Park – Also known as San Clemente Canyon, the park was officially renamed Marian Bear Memorial Park in 1960 by the City of San Diego. Marian Park is approximately 467 acres and runs parallel to the south side of Highway 52. The main entrance to the park is on Regent Road and Genesee Avenue. Both entrances have public parking, restrooms, and picnic benches. HVAC San Diego King
- North Claremont Community Park – Located at 21 Bannock Avenue in North Claremont. This one .5-acre park has basketball courts, multi-use sports fields, playgrounds, and tennis courts.
- Western Hills Neighborhood Park – Located at 810 Kane Street in the Bay Park neighborhood of Claremont, San Diego, CA. This 30-acre park has basketball courts, playgrounds, and scenic canyons.
- Tecolote Golf Course – This 18-hole, 3,161-yard (2,890 m) golf course is located in Tecolote Canyon. A natural creek bed designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. and Sam Snead runs through the golf course.
Check out other places like Downtown San Diego